Update VideosSubscribe to our Youtube channel or visit our video page to watch update videos and special spotlights. Read More +
MY CityMY City are local chapters of MY Canada all across Canada led by young adults who are passionate about their nation. Participation from all ages welcome. Read More +
15 Min to End AbortionSign up for a 15 minute weekly prayer slot to pray for the ending of abortion. Click to visit www.lifeprayerwall.com. Read More +
Breaking News ReportsSign up and get breaking and weekly news and action points delivered straight to your inbox. Read More +
National Response TeamEmail firstname.lastname@example.org for an application to join the National Response Team! Read More +
GET ON OUR E-MAIL LIST FOR BREAKING NEWS ACTION ALERTS:
JOIN ONE OF OUR NATIONAL DELEGATIONS GOING TO PARLIAMENT:
Once a year we take a team of young adults (16-35) to Ottawa to meet with Members of Parliament and Senators to give you a chance to share your heart with them on the issues you are passionate about. Stay tuned at our Future Events page for the next team (often called "Josiah Teams").
GO VISIT YOUR MP - GO ALONE OR TAKE A GROUP!:
This is so much fun. Our MPs love meeting with their constituents. Take time to go meet with your MP and share your heart with them on things you care about.
Here are a few tips:
- Be on time.
- Be nice, honour is huge - bring a gift to say thank you to them for their service and even think about bringing their assistant a gift too.
- Ask them how much time they have and then stick to it, don't stay a minute longer than they have (very important).
- Have a couple things to share with them and then just share your heart (stories are always impacting).
- Visit our Bills page for a few more ideas of some key things you can be talking to our Parliamentarians about. BOTTOM LINE: talk about whatever is on your heart...just talk about something. Your voice really does make a difference!
WRITE LETTERS TO YOUR MP, THE PRIME MINISTER AND TO YOUR LOCAL PAPERS ABOUT THINGS YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT:
Canada is a democracy that values freedom of speech. That is a beautiful thing! Our Parliamentarians want to hear what you have to say so we encourage you to write them and let them know.
Here are a couple tips:
- Be concise, don't go on and on for pages. Our leaders are busy and your letter will have a better chance of being read if it is concise.
- Talk a language that is easily understandable by someone not from a faith community. There is a good chance the person will understand you better.
- Just share your heart on whatever issue you care about, authenticity is key share with honour and love but don't be afraid to make you point...just do it nicely
- Click here for a list of MP contact and PM contact information.
When writing papers here are some tips:
- If it is a response to an article (an op-ed) pick a main point and lay it out concisely.
- If it is a response to an article (an op-ed) then try keep it to about 250-300 words.
VOLUNTEER IN YOUR MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT'S OFFICE:
Many Members of Parliament tell us how much of a blessing volunteers can be, and that the people who help them in practical ways are the constituents they really listen to when key decisions are being discussed in the nation. By volunteering in a MP office you are building relationship with the person who will cast a vote for you on moral issues. Your presence will affect them.
VOLUNTEER FOR MYC:
@ ELECTION TIME - VOLUNTEER IN AN ELECTION: